Crossing Borders with Nathan Lustig
Nathan Lustig, Managing Partner at Magma Partners, interviews entrepreneurs doing startups across borders and the investors who support them, with a focus on companies that have some relationship to Latin America.
Nate moved to Chile in 2010 and has since met entrepreneurs hailing from countries around the world doing business across borders. Some do business in Latin America. Others use Latin America as a base to target the US market. They’re some of the most diverse, risk-taking, trailblazing entrepreneurs in the world. But when he goes back to the US, Latin American startups just aren’t on people’s radars.
As Magma portfolio companies started to do business in the US and meet with US investors, they came across this same ignorance of Latin America and its entrepreneurs. US entrepreneurs and investors have slept on Latin America and are missing out on some of the most interesting entrepreneurs in the world. And some of the best stories.
Check out the Crossing Borders podcast where Nate interviews the best entrepreneurs doing business across borders and the investors who support them, with a focus on companies that have some relationship to Latin America.
Produced by Angel Andraca.
- Laura Mendoza, Unima: Providing Low-Cost Diagnostics for Infectious Diseases, Ep 108
- Maya Dadoo, Worky: Optimizing HR for SMEs in Mexico, Ep 107
- Vitor Torres, Contabilizei: Helping Brazilian SMEs with Tax Compliance, Ep 106
- Geoff Michener, dataPlor: Closing the Latin American Data Gap with Human Verified SME Data, Ep 105
- Gabriela Estrada, Vexi: Bringing Credit to the Underbanked in Mexico, Ep 104