In this episode of Hacking Insurance, our host Rodrigo Alfonso sat with Diego Muradás, co-founder and CEO of Zenda.la, and Juan Sebastián Montejo, CEO of Fitpal to talk about technology, innovation, and the impact of Insurtech on the insurance industry.
Hacking Insurance is a podcast where you can learn about the latest digital trends in the insurance and insurtech world from industry leaders. Join our host Rodrigo Alfonso, co-founder of Sekure, LatAm’s embedded insurance distribution network.
The evolution of insurance products
Today’s guests are the heads of two companies that are disrupting traditional insurance services and that are accessing segments of the population that were previously underserved. On the one hand, Zenda.la offers customized insurance with a simple, transparent, and free coverage in a digital platform that adapts to the lifestyle and budget of the user’s needs, whereas Fitpal offers a wellness platform focused on improving people’s health in a holistic way.
From reaching users that had never had access to an insurance plan, to developing more functionalities focused on health and designing an artificial intelligence model to estimate people’s biological age and telemedicine, we are seeing a tangible evolution in the offer of insurance products. But the real disruption in the insurance world will come from how we begin to integrate the issue of wellness and insurance in health, mostly due to the strong correlation and dependency between one and the other.
In this episode of Hacking Insurance, our guests share their breakthroughs, the biggest challenges facing insurtechs now, the reasons to mind the rise of open banking, and much more. Stay tuned.
Outline of this episode:
- [00:22] – Introduction to guests
- [01:20] – About Zenda.la
- [03:17] – About Fitpal
- [09:07] – Biggest challenges
- [14:20] – Gamification in insurance
- [14:42] – Customs and practices in the insurance world
- [15:40] – Having a breakthrough
- [19:40] – Complications in the market
- [21:30] – Insurance companies taking risks
- [25:00] – Zenda.la and Fitpal’s differentiators
- [26:26] – Solving technological challenges
- [28:08] – Integrating with insurance companies
- [30:07] – IT problems
- [32:42] – On regulation in LatAm
- [34:33] – Open Banking
- [38:38] – Insurance and credits
- [41:50] – Advice from Diego to a younger Diego
- [43:17] – Advice from Juan to a younger Juan
- [46:40] – Fitpal’s new products for mental health
Resources and people mentioned: