LatAm List – La Segunda recently reported on Chile’s top five most successful startups of 2018, based on the amount of capital they raised last year. The startups were ranked by Wayra Chile, Telefonica’s local investment and acceleration arm.
Here are the companies that topped the list for 2018:
1. U-Planner: This startup raised Chile’s largest tech round of 2018, hitting US$5M. U-Planner uses artificial intelligence and big data to help higher education organizations manage their curriculum.
2. Jooycar: Jooycar uses the power of the IoT to track driving history to help manage insurance and maintenance. They raised US$3M from HCS Capital in October 2018.
2. The Not Co: This foodtech company uses artificial intelligence to create traditional foods, like mayonnaise, out of vegetarian ingredients. The Not Co raised US$3M in 2018.
3. TriCiclos: TriCiclos is a B Corp that is dedicated to supporting the circular economy by recycling waste. They raised US$2.6M in a round led by FCP Innovación in May 2018.
4. Fracttal: Fracttal won Start-Up Chile’s Demo Day in 2015 with their IoT monitoring system for machinery. They raised US$2M from Scale Capital in April 2018 to fund their Mexican expansion.
Read more in La Segunda.