LatamList – Cemex Ventures, recently launched the fourth edition of its Construction Startup Competition aimed at entrepreneurs that are transforming the construction industry through innovative solutions. Cemex Ventures is the corporate venture capital arm of Mexico’s Cemex, a global leader in the building materials industry.
The competition invites global entrepreneurs who are willing to disrupt the construction industry and are interested in accelerating their projects’ development by leveraging CEMEX Ventures’ resources and industry knowledge.
The five organizing companies will select ten startups to present their projects in the Pitch Day event. According to the Terms and Conditions there is no territorial limitation to participate in the competition.
The winners will:
- gain access to workshops and pilot projects with global construction leaders and industry experts
- present their startup at the Builtworlds Venture Conference in Chicago with travel and lodging expenses covered
- have the chance to become part of the investment portfolio
- scale and expand their business to new markets
The participants will be evaluated on five criteria:
- Project design & engineering
- Supply chain management
- Digital solutions for project & jobsite
- Innovative building materials & construction
- Smart & sustainable buildings and cities
Registration for the competition closes on July 26th.
Read more on Cemex Ventures’ website.