In this week’s Espresso, we cover updates from Betterfly, Ualá, the IFC, and more!
Outline of this episode:
- [00:27] – IFC and We-FI launched a new call for applications for IFC ScaleX
- [00:53] – Betterfly became the third Chilean unicorn
- [01:21] – Sooper raised a $5.7M seed funding round
- [01:51] – Ualá announced it would begin its operations in Colombia
- [02:18] – Interview with Natalia Ríos, Country Manager of Ualá in Colombia
- [06:12] – Creditas announced a $260M Series F funding round
- [06:42] – Inspectorio raised $50 Million in a Series B round
- [07:16] – Melonn announced a $20M Series C funding round
- [08:06] – Featured article “The low hanging fruit of Mexico’s financial system”
- [08:25] – New Crossing Borders episode with Sophia Wood
Resources and people mentioned:
- Companies & Startups: Betterfly, Cornershop, NotCo , Sooper, Ualá, Creditas, Inspectorio, Melonn,
- VCs, Funds, Programs and Institutions: IFC ScaleX, IFC, We-Fi, Glade Brook Capital. Greycroft, Mundi Ventures. Lightrock, QED Investors , DST Global Partners, Canary VC, Kaszek Ventures, Fidelity Management & Research LLC, Insight Partners, Techstars, Flexport, Ecolab ,Matchstick Ventures, QED Investors. Global Founders Capital , NFX, Pear and Wollef
- People: Natalia Ríos, Alejandro Guízar, Nathan Lustig, Sophia Wood.