Learn about e-commerce with Latin America’s experts on electronic payments and make the best decisions when growing your business online. In each episode, our guests will share their experiences in e-commerce, the factors to consider, and the payment technologies that will help elevate your business to the next level.
Let’s Talk E-Commerce by Openpay is a podcast for entrepreneurs and companies interested in immersing themselves in the world of e-commerce.
Hosted by Cristina Maldonado, Strategic Alliances Manager at Openpay.
In this first episode of Let’s Talk E-Commerce by Openpay, Cristina sits down with Eric Nuñez, co-founder and Head of Growth of Openpay, to talk about how Latin Americans like to pay compared to users from other regions and the importance of choosing the right payment platform.
Outline of this episode:
- [0:22] – Introduction
- [1:55] – What is a payment aggregator for?
- [2:45] – How do Latin Americans like to pay?
- [5:31] – How to pay with cash through a payment processor
- [8:50] – Adapting the payment method to the client’s business model
- [9:30] – The importance of understanding the local market
- [10:01] – Payment methods in the Mexican versus the Colombian market
- [11:38] – Openpay’s three business pillars
- [13:37] – Openpay success story: Amazon
- [15:08] – The future of payment methods
- [17:35] – Acquisition challenges for fintech in Latin America
- [19:15] – Where is the Latin American market standing today?
- [21:50] – What is Openpay’s vision?
Resources & people mentioned:
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)