The working environment is undergoing a rapid and exhilarating change and you do not want to be left behind.
On How to be the Difference, we help you navigate in and around the intricacies of this new and exciting era, providing the latest career advice from leading industry experts. As the demand for tech-savvy professionals rapidly increases, “the world is your oyster…” has never rang truer, from remote teams and online working platforms to task automation.
If you are looking to begin your career, secure that promotion, find the right role to suit your family’s needs or identify better ways to attract and retain top talent for your company, look no further as we tackle the ever-evolving nature of the working environment, and its future.
Hosted by Talanta’s very own, our Co-founder and Head of Impact, Johanna Molina and Head of Experience, Paul Lynskey.
In this episode of How to be the Difference, we invited Jane Asscher, the founding partner and CEO of 23red, a purpose-driven creative agency that is developing strategies, campaigns, and brands that change behavior for the better. We talk to Jane about why she chose a career in marketing and some of the most common myths about the industry. Jane also shares her insights on dealing with fake news during the pandemic through socially conscious marketing.
To learn more about amazing internship opportunities, check out Talanta’s website.
Outline of this episode:
- [0:27] – What’s the craic?
- [1:32] – Marketing in today’s day and age
- [6:45] – Changes in consumer habits during the pandemic
- [8:13] – The moral dilemmas with marketing
- [9:58] – Differences in perception
- [11:18] – Jane Asscher, 23red
- [12:43] – Choosing a career in marketing
- [14:06] – Debunking myths
- [14:57] – Best advice Jane has received
- [16:50] – Career advice for other women
- [17:50] – Lessons learned from internships
- [18:54] – Who would you drop everything and make a coffee for?
- [20:08] – On fake news during COVID-19