The working environment is undergoing a rapid and exhilarating change and you do not want to be left behind.
On How to be the Difference, we help you navigate in and around the intricacies of this new and exciting era, providing the latest career advice from leading industry experts. As the demand for tech-savvy professionals rapidly increases, “the world is your oyster…” has never rang truer, from remote teams and online working platforms to task automation.
If you are looking to begin your career, secure that promotion, find the right role to suit your family’s needs, or identify better ways to attract and retain top talent for your company, look no further as we tackle the ever-evolving nature of the working environment, and its future.
Hosted by Talanta’s very own, our Co-founder and Head of Impact, Johanna Molina and Head of Experience, Paul Lynskey.
In this first episode of How to be the Difference, we invited Claire Díaz-Ortiz, Partner at Magma Partners, to talk about her impressive career and how to succeed in journalism, publishing, and media. Among her many accolades, Claire is the bestselling author of nine books and famously ‘got the Pope on Twitter’ as an early employee of the social media platform. She is also a prominent figure in social innovation and currently heads Brava, an initiative that focuses on investing in female founders in Latin America.
To learn more about amazing internship opportunities, check out Talanta’s website.
Outline of this episode:
- [0:22] – About Johanna and Paul
- [3:30] – The vision behind ‘How to be the difference’
- [5:30] – Bestselling author Claire Díaz-Ortiz
- [7:45] – From Northern California to Buenos Aires
- [8:15] – Starting a non-profit in East Africa
- [9:44] – Finding a niche in writing
- [10:44] – The importance of social media as a writer
- [11:45] – Common misconceptions about writers
- [12:46] – Key skills for succeeding in the 21st century
- [13:22] – Claire’s morning routine
- [14:16] – Learning from her mistakes
- [15:04] – The best piece of advice on mentorship
- [15:50] – Opportunities that arise from internships
- [16:35] – Podcasts or books that inspire Claire
- [17:35] – Career advice for other women
- [18:22] – Who would you drop everything and make a coffee for?
- [18:53] – Reflections from Johanna and Paul