This week’s Espresso covers updates from Yummy, Klar, Kushki, and more!
Outline of this episode:
- [00:28] – Kushki becomes a unicorn after a $100M extension of its Series B
- [01:11] – Delivery startup Yummy raises $47M in a funding round
- [01:48] – Brazilian payment platform Zippi raises $16M Series A round
- [02:23] – Ozon raises $25M in debt and $4M in a seed round
- [03:08] – Mexican fintech Klar raises $70M in equity funding
- [03:47] – Google and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai announced $1.2B investment commitment in Latin America
- [04:21] – Interview with Marcos Esterli, co-founder of Pandas on their $6.3M pre-seed round
- [06:03] – New episode of Hacking Insurance with Hugues Bertin, Chief Strategic Officer at Digital Insurance LatAm
- [06:18] -New episode of How to be the Difference with Pepe Villatoro, Regional Head of Expansion at Deel
Resources & people mentioned:
- Companies & Startups: Kushki, Yummy, Zippi, Ozon, Klar, Pandas, Deel, Digital Insurance LatAm.
- VCs, Accelerators, Institutions: Kaszek Ventures, Clocktower Ventures, SoftBank Latin America Fund, DILA Capital, Anthos Capital, JAM Fund, Soma Capital, WIND Ventures, Ethos Capital, YC Continuity, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Volpe Capital, Rainfall Ventures, Globo Ventures, Hummingbird, Mantis, MSA Capital, Architect Capital, 1984.vc, K50 Ventures, Bridge Partners, Angel Ventures, Magma Partners, Simma Capital, General Atlantic, Prosus Ventures, Quona Capital, Mouro, IFC, Acrew, Endeavor Catalyst.
- People: Sundar Pichai, Marcos Esterli, Rodrigo Alfonso, Hugues Bertin, Paul Lynskey, Johanna Molina, Pepe Villatoro.