In this episode of WeXchange’s podcast, we invited Loreanne Garcia, co-founder and CPO at Kavak, an online marketplace for used cars that recently became Mexico’s first unicorn. Before co-founding Kavak with her brother, Loreanne built an impressive career in the corporate world, leading business strategies in companies like McKinsey, Procter & Gamble, and Coca-Cola.
Today, as Chief People Officer, Loreanne plays a key role within Kavak building the team and the company culture and encouraging the development of their employees’ strengths through the use of technology.
Listen to this episode to learn about how Kavak quickly responded to the pandemic and what it meant to achieve unicorn status in that context.
Outline of this episode:
- [0:46] – From Venezuela to Mexico
- [2:49] – About Kavak
- [5:00] – Chief People Officer
- [6:48] – Kavak’s team
- [7:21] – Reaction to the pandemic
- [9:21] – The importance of cultural fit with investors
- [10:47] – Advice for raising capital
- [11:48] – Main challenges and lessons learned with Kavak
- [13:47] – Kavak’s milestones
- [15:19] – New unicorn status
- [17:17] – Next steps for Kavak
- [18:44] – Advice from Loreanne
Resources & people mentioned:
- Loreanne García
- McKinsey & Company
- Procter & Gamble
- Stanford University
- Carlos García Ottati
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)