This week’s Espresso covers investment updates and news from Nuvocargo, belo, Glitzi, Kushki, Zuru, Spakio, Platzi, and Pismo. Plus, Deepak Chhugani, Nuvocargo’s CEO and founder, joins us for a quick interview on the company’s latest investment round.
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE:
- [00:27] – Nuvocargo raises $36.5M in Series B round.
- [00:42] – Interview with Deepak Chhugani, Nuvocargo’s CEO and founder.
- [05:17] – belo joins forces with Payoneer.
- [05:31] – Glitzi secures $2.8M in an investment round.
- [05:50] – Kushki receives approval from the CMF in Chile to operate as a non-bank acquirer.
- [06:04] – Zuru raises a $680K pre-seed round.
- [06:16] – Spakio secures a $2M seed round.
- [06:35] – Platzi launches a satellite into Earth’s orbit.
- [06:45] – Visa acquires Pismo for $1B.
- [06:54] – New episode of Crossing Borders
RESOURCES & PEOPLE MENTIONED:
- Startups: Nuvocargo, belo, Glitzi, Kushki, Zuru, Spakio, Platzi, and Pismo
- VCs and Investors: QED Investors, Tresalia Capital, Amador Holdings, Act One Ventures, Y Combinator, Goodwater Capital, Gaingels, Carabela VC, Variv, Cracks Fund, Xochi Ventures, CISA Ventures, Liverpool’s investment fund, Visa
- Founders: Deepak Chhugani and Juan José Leano