This week’s Espresso covers investment updates and news from Shinkansen, Celes, Moova, and more. We also covered an investment fund launch from Frete in partnership with BTG.
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE:
- [00:28] – Shinkansen secures $3M in a seed round.
- [00:45] – Celes secures $1 million in seed funding.
- [01:01] – Moova raised a $5M venture round.
- [01:19] – SuaQuadra secures a $4.25M seed round.
- [01:31] – Amplifica Capital invests in Minus.
- [01:44] – GoodMeal enters the Colombian market.
- [01:59] – Frete and BTG partnership.
- [02:14] – Somos Internet secures a $13.4M seed round.
- [02:30] – Nutri Co raises $1M in a pre-Series A.
- [02:46] – Week Highlight: The Tech Industry’s influence on Colombia’s business environment.
- [02:52] – Week Highlight: How security compliance accelerates business growth.
RESOURCES & PEOPLE MENTIONED:
- Startups: Shinkansen, Celes, Moova, SuaQuadra, Minus, Compound Foods, GoodMeal, Frete, Somos Internet, and Nutri Co
- VCs and Investors: ALLVP, Salkantay Ventures, Chile Ventures, Pedro Pineda, Primeline Group, MatterScale, Rockstart, Toyota Tsusho Corporation, Alaya Capital, Galicia Ventures, Aybe Investments, Kalei Opportunities, Wayra, Kaszek, ONEVC, Canary Ventures, Caravela Capital, Cyrela, Amplifica Capital, BTG, Nazca, K50, Daedalus Ventures, MrPink VC, White Lions, Terraflos Inc, and Artfo Holdings.