This week’s Espresso covers updates from Betterfly, Stori, DEUNA, and more!
Outline of this episode:
- [00:28] – eCommerce startup DEUNA raises $30M in Series A round
- [01:11] -Mexican fintech Stori reaches unicorn status after $150M round
- [01:52] -Creditas extends Series F round and closes in $310M
- [02:25] -Mexican startup Urbvan is acquired by Swvl
- [02:55] -Chilean Insurtech Betterfly acquires the Spanish fintech Flexoh
- [03:40] -Argentinian startup Ucrop.it raises $3.1M in a funding round
- [04:14] –New episode of Hacking Insurance with Federico Suarez and Marisol Sanchez
- [04:36] -Alejandro Guízar’s latest article on The startup ecosystem in Mexico’s largest entrepreneurship hubs: Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey
- [04:57] –New episode of Crossing Borders
Resources & people mentioned:
- Companies & Startups: DEUNA, Stori, Creditas, Urbvan, Swvl, Betterfly, Flexoh, Ucrop.it, Open Banking Exchange, Clupp, Andbank, Quansa.
- VCs, Accelerators, Institutions: Insurtech Association Mexico, Aluna Partners, Activant Capital, Valor Capital, Abstract Ventures, Acrew Capital, Upload Ventures, BAI Capital, GIC, GGV Capital, Yugen Partners, The Yield Lab.
- People: Rodrigo Alfonso, Federico Suarez, Marisol Sánchez, Alejandro Guízar, Gonzalo Blanco.