This week’s Espresso covers updates from Marvin, Talently, Elevva, and more!
Outline of this episode:
- [00:28] – The Brazilian fintech Marvin closed a $15M Series A round
- [00:50] – The Mexican startup Paisa closed a $600K pre-seed round
- [01:33] – The edtech Talently announced it raised a $3M seed round
- [01:57] – Interview with Doménica Obando, Talently’s CEO and co-founder
- [07:12] – Argentinian startup Elevva raised a $30M seed round
- [07:42] – User authentication startup Truora acquired the Brazilian firm ZapSign
- [07:59] – Interview with Maite Muñiz, co-founder at Truora
- [10:25] – Alejandro Guízar’s featured article on the evolution of the startup ecosystem in Mexico
- [10:43] -The second episode of Hacking Insurance was released
Resources & people mentioned:
- Companies & Startups: Paisa, Talently, Elevva, Truora, ZapSign, Marvin, Simplee, MOVii.
- VCs, Accelerators, Institutions: Canaan, Magma Partners, Precursor Ventures, Latitud, Forum VC, Gaingels, 500 Startups Latam, Alaya Capital, Salkantay Ventures, Newtype Ventures, Potencia Ventures, Latin Leap, Asymmetric Capital, MatterScale Ventures, Canary, Redwood Ventures.
- People: Doménica Obando, Maite Muñiz, Rodrigo Alfonso, Diego Fernández, Alejandro Guízar, Daniel Briceño.