The future of work is here! Are you ready for it?
As the working environment continues to evolve, many companies and professionals around the world are adapting, and better yet, leading the way.
Join our knowledgeable hosts, Johanna Molina, Talanta’s Co-founder and Head of Impact and Paul Lynskey, Talanta’s Head of Experience, as they delve into deep discussions with industry thought leaders from top companies around the globe, only on How to be the Difference.
Stay ahead of the curve with actionable insights that are reshaping the processes of talent acquisition, human capital management, remote and hybrid workforce development among others.
Tune in every other Monday, and don’t forget to follow us on social media!
Helping people discover the best version of themselves
In this episode of How to be the Difference, Johanna and Paul sit down with Jamie Turner, internationally recognized author, professor, consultant, and speaker. Jamie has helped employees at various large companies including The Coca-Cola Company and Microsoft, and specializes in leading, managing, and mentoring. He is also a regular guest on CNN and HLN, where he delivers segments on marketing, persuasion, and leadership.
In his long repertoire, Jamie stands out for being the co-author of several essential business books, and his YouTube channel was designated one of the “Top 10 Business YouTube Channels”. Nowadays, Jamie enjoys going around the globe to give workshops on topics like business, digital marketing, artificial intelligence, and leadership.
In conversation with Johanna and Paul, Jaime shares his love of helping people discover a better version of themselves with tools, techniques and technologies that help them find out who they truly are, so that they can lead the life that they’ve always hoped to lead. Jamie also discusses the four pillars of leadership, how to rewire your brain, he shares some of his best practices for communication in a remote working environment, discusses the main skills for the future of work, and how to encourage more authentic and real conversations with team members.
Outline of this episode:
- [02:10] – Introduction to Jamie
- [03:12] – Jamie’s background
- [04:12] – Jamie’s techniques to be a better leader
- [05:11] – The four pillars of leadership
- [06:10] – Working on your mindset
- [08:30] – The first line of code
- [09:40] – The best version of yourself
- [10:37] – From writing a blog to helping massive companies
- [11:33] – On being authentic
- [13:00] – How to encourage more authentic and real conversations with teams?
- [15:30] – Best practices for remote teams in communication and leadership
- [18:30] – Problems within a company need more communication
- [19:00] – Understanding other’s style of communication
- [19:54] – Skills for the future of work
- [21:36] – What is the future of work?
- [25:25] – Main skills for the future of work
- [28:20] – Be your authentic self
- [28:36] – Jamie’s proudest moment
- [30:11] – What’s next for Jamie