What career is right for me? I don’t know what to do with my life. What is the best way to find a job? How to be the Difference is a career advice podcast for students, graduates and professionals of all ages, who are looking to fast-track their career or want to make a career change.
In this series of conversations, leading industry experts address these questions, providing actionable insights on how to make a difference in your chosen career field and ultimately how to make your dream career a reality.
Hosted by Johanna Molina, Co-founder and Head of Accessibility and Paul Lynskey, Head of Experience for Europe and Africa at the Intern Group.
In this episode of How to be the Difference, we invited Sue Liburd, an award-winning businesswoman with over 25 years of experience in behavioral change, human resource management, and people development. We sit down with Sue to talk about what a job in HR looks like and the different skills needed to succeed in the field. Sue also explains how diversity and inclusion can mean very different things throughout an organization and where the future of HR is headed.
Outline of this episode:
- [0:28] – On Human Resources
- [1:25] – Sue Liburd, Human Capital Innovation
- [6:00] – What you need to succeed
- [10:35] – Setting boundaries
- [20:10] – The role of HR in remote work
- [24:08] – Diversity and inclusion
- [29:28] – The future of HR
- [33:17] – A career by design
- [36:50] – Resources that inspire