The working environment is undergoing a rapid and exhilarating change and you do not want to be left behind.
On How to be the Difference, we help you navigate in and around the intricacies of this new and exciting era, providing the latest career advice from leading industry experts. As the demand for tech-savvy professionals rapidly increases, “the world is your oyster…” has never rang truer, from remote teams and online working platforms to task automation.
If you are looking to begin your career, secure that promotion, find the right role to suit your family’s needs or identify better ways to attract and retain top talent for your company, look no further as we tackle the ever-evolving nature of the working environment, and its future.
Hosted by Talanta’s very own, our Co-founder and Head of Impact, Johanna Molina and Head of Experience, Paul Lynskey.
Closing the opportunity gap through education and technology
In this episode of How to be the Difference, Johanna and Paul sit down to talk to fellow podcaster, Enzo Cavalie, about his work as an Investment Associate at Reach Capital, a venture capital firm that invests in early-stage tech tools, applications, content, and services to improve access to educational opportunities.
Enzo is also the founder and editor of Startupeable, a platform dedicated to creating educational content in Spanish about startups and venture capital in Latin America. Among some of their most valuable resources is the Startupeable podcast hosted by Enzo.
Listen to this episode to learn about the basics of venture capital, the future of work, and how technology can help bridge the gap between higher education and the labor market. Once an outsider himself, Enzo talks about the importance of being bold and putting yourself out there when seeking opportunities that only appear to be out of your reach.
To learn more about amazing internship opportunities, check out Talanta’s website.
Outline of this episode:
- [0:28] – What’s coming up next on the podcast?
- [2:45] – Introducing Enzo Cavalie
- [3:40] – Entering the venture capital world
- [7:48] – Getting obsessed by accident
- [13:16] – What you need to know about VC
- [17:01] – The future of work
- [22:50] – Reach Capital’s investment thesis
- [25:40] – Competing in the edtech venture capital market
- [29:10] – Addressing the opportunity gap
- [35:24] – Enzo’s non-negotiable
- [36:40] – Skills to succeed in the 21st century
- [40:50] – Books, podcast, & show recommendations
- [42:58] – Making the most out of an internship