This week’s Espresso covers updates from Ualá, Cortex, Solvento, and more!
Outline of this episode:
- [00:28] – Ali closes a $25 million Series A round
- [00:46] -Tax reform discussion in Colombia introduces change on wealth tax calculation for private companies
- [01:19] – Interview with Solvento’s CPO and cofounder Pedro Bosch on their seed round
- [03:50] – Greenenergy raises a $5 million common equity investment
- [04:15] – Cortex secures $48 million in a Series C round
- [04:39] – Ualá announces a $150 million investment in Latin America
- [05:01] – clicOH lands in Colombia via the acquisition of Logysto
- [05:22] – New episodes of Crossing Borders and How to be the Difference
- [05:51] – Latamlist’s selection of 14 Paraguayan startups
Resources & people mentioned:
- Companies & Startups: Ali, Solvento, Greenenergy, Cortex, Ualá, clicOH, Logysto, Vexi
- VCs, Accelerators, Institutions: BTG Pactual, Deetken Impact Sustainable Energy, Lightrock, Softbank, Riverwood.
- People: Pedro Bosch, Nathan Lustig, Cinthia Merlos, Johanna Molina, Paul Lynskey, Stela Barcelos, Alejandra Cruz.