The working environment is undergoing a rapid and exhilarating change and you do not want to be left behind.
On How to be the Difference, we help you navigate in and around the intricacies of this new and exciting era, providing the latest career advice from leading industry experts. As the demand for tech-savvy professionals rapidly increases, “the world is your oyster…” has never rang truer, from remote teams and online working platforms to task automation.
If you are looking to begin your career, secure that promotion, find the right role to suit your family’s needs or identify better ways to attract and retain top talent for your company, look no further as we tackle the ever-evolving nature of the working environment, and its future.
Hosted by Talanta’s very own, our Co-founder and Head of Impact, Johanna Molina and Head of Experience, Paul Lynskey.
From homelessness to becoming a CEO
In this episode of How to be the Difference, we sat down with Eder Holguin to talk about his incredible journey from being homeless as a kid in the streets of Medellín, Colombia in the 80s to eventually becoming an award-winning serial entrepreneur, best-selling author, and a digital sales and marketing expert in the US.
Eder talks about how his perspective on success changed as he got older and why he considers himself a professional problem solver. He also shares with us the basic principles of marketing and sales and how certain skills were vital to helping him move forward in life.
To learn more about amazing internship opportunities, check out Talanta’s website.
Outline of this episode:
- [0:33] – Meeting Eder
- [2:17] – Introducing Eder Holguin
- [4:20] – Growing up in the streets of Medellín
- [6:55] – Eder’s turning point
- [9:30] – Tips for success as an entrepreneur
- [12:57] – A change in perspective
- [15:54] – This too shall pass
- [18:49] – On seeing new trends
- [21:33] – Common principles of marketing and sales
- [24:39] – How to polish your sales skills
- [27:18] – Eder’s proudest moments
- [28:15] – Wise words for a post-pandemic world
- [29:48] – The power of internships
- [31:58] – What’s next for Eder?